Locations: DC Metro, Greater Boston
Manage and maintain project status, risk registries, and other PMP best practices.
• Lead cross-functional project team(s) in partnership with the technical and business/scientific/IT leads, vendors, business partners, and other cross-functional partners to achieve project goals while managing project scope, timeline and costs.
• Coordinate with between multiple projects and departments that impact or are impacted by your projects.
• Provide guidance and education to project teams, department staff, and other stakeholders regarding roles & responsibilities, project expectations, communication protocols and other project relevant topics by establishing & implementing an appropriate communication plan and, for department staff, time tracking and reporting processes.
• Actively manage risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies (RAID) by carefully assessing potential impacts in collaboration with the respective project teams and proposing appropriate mitigation actions.
Qualified candidates will meet most of the following criteria
• Bachelor's degree or higher
• 5+ years of experience in software project management
• Experience managing & delivering large, complex IT projects in the healthcare or pharma industries.
• PMP certified professional is desired
• Excellent communication and critical thinking skills to coordinate activities across the project team ensuring that dependencies are identified, and gaps are addressed.
• Work at a detailed level to make sure there is alignment between the tasks and the overall objectives.
• Communicate effectively with and manage the expectations of stakeholders at all levels.
• Managed projects with IT professionals, preferably following an agile development and delivery methodology
• Knowledge of Clarity and Jira a plus
Create and manage program/project artifacts including but not limited to MS Project schedules, Basis of Estimates, Communications Plans, Change Management Plans, Risk Management, etc.
Manage the written responses for all proposals requiring PMO input
Support Contract Program Office, Pre-sales, Business Development, Planning and Execution, Project Management, Customer Relations, Billing and Contractual issues as part of Program Management.
Assists in training and making presentations both internally and to customers.
Timely delivery of all monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual contract deliverables.
Change management reviews and contract modifications and identify requirements for product and IT development.
Review and provide input to Government and Commercial contacts
Education: Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience:
Minimum 5+ years of experience in a project management
Federal/Commercial support systems knowledge at least 5 years minimum.
Project Management experience a must
Superior customer service skills
Experience in the management and execution of Commercial, State, and Federal IT programs/contracts.
Experience in the development of proposals for small- to mid-scale programs; ability to validate role of the PMO in proposal responses.
Aptitude to identify business development opportunities and coordinating pre-sales activities.
Working knowledge of MS Project and associated MS Office suites
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Knowledge of Telecom, Data Services, MPLS, Hosting, Cloud, Security, and Managed Services
Strong project management skills
Understanding of the IXC provisioning process
Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
Ability to create and manage complex projects and develop program plans, project schedules with minimum oversight
Experience managing process/procedural changes
Thorough understanding of customer contracts
Interpret program financials, forecasts, business case
Ability to create and matrix-manage various functional teams
PMP/PMI and or ITIL certification is highly desirable