Hiring Locations: DC Metro Area, Greater Boston Area
The Software Engineer is an accomplished technical leader, proactive customer-focused advocate, a team player with substantial software engineering experience, preferably with some experience within the healthcare industry.
The candidate must have hands-on experience with enterprise level software development, integration and implementation of SOA/Microservice architecture. The ideal candidate will have a good foundation of the Java, JEE platform, Microservice Architecture, REST, Angular, Typescript, Web Content Accessibility/USDS, UX, and SQL/data modelling.
The candidate must demonstrate a willingness to learn new cutting-edge technologies and overcome technical challenges in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will provide design, and implementation expertise to a cross-functional software development team. The Software Engineer will play a key role of migrating three enterprise applications into a consolidated application which leverages DevOps, cloud computing, and data lake / big data technologies.
Essential Job Duties:
- Design, code, and implement next-generation web application using software engineering best practices in the latest technologies
- Single Page Application Front-End (Angular, Sass, Typescript, NodeJS)
- Netflix OSS stack (Eureka, Zuul, etc)
- Spring Framework (Boot, Cloud, Security, Data)
- DevOps (Jenkins Pipelines, Docker, Groovy, Ansible)
- Provide software expertise in one or more of these areas: Java application integration, java enterprise services, service oriented architectures, security, business process management/business rules processing, user experience (UX) and accessibility (Section 508/WCAG/USDS Web Standards).
- Investigate and repair application defects regardless of component, including front-end, business logic, middleware, or database (SQL and data modeling).
- All other duties as assigned or directed
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field from an accredited college or university
- At least eight to ten (8-10) years of experience with full lifecycle development
- At least seven (7) years of experience with systems/application analysis & design
- At least four (4) years of combined experience SOA/Microservice architecture/REST integration
- Education and/or formal training may substitute for experience requirement
- Experience in building responsive UIs with modern front end technologies (Angular 2+, Sass, Typescript, Bootstrap)
- Demonstrable knowledge with Java EE, Java generics and concurrent programming.
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle), SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
Additional Requirements as per Contract/Client:
- Experience with Spring Framework (Boot, Cloud, Security, Data)
- Experience with ATTD and associated technologies (Fitnesse, Junit, Karma/Jasmine)
- Experience with delivering code using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) best practices and DevOps to production
- Experience with AWS cloud technologies or other cloud platforms
- Experience with big data (Cloudera) & Java integration
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 6 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 3 years' experience; or equivalent experience.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource.