Location: Boston, MA
We are in search of an IT Business Analyst who thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys leading efforts to improve technical performance. The role requires someone who is skilled at anticipating the needs of others and proactively takes on new challenges to support business needs, with a continued focus on planning, documentation, analysis, and preparing for growth. The ideal candidate for this position, will need a technical background in Financial and Accounting systems, and strong communication and business analysis skills.
- Effective communication with business partners in collaboration with IT Project Manager to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions
- Independently work to document requirements, business processes, and data models.
- Collaborate with IT Project Manager to formulate recommendations to support project scope and objectives and ensure mutual expectations with business partners
- Create requirements, specifications, business processes, data mapping, and test cases related to proposed solution(s)
- Develop and partner with IT colleagues to develop complex functional requirements and system design specifications to enable integration and automation across platforms, including NetSuite, Salesforce and other systems
- Manage backlog of platform enhancements across Finance applications
- Assist the project team with platform release testing and application maintenance activities
- Facilitate periodic meetings with Finance platform support vendors including setting agendas, publishing support meeting minutes, and tracking of open vendor platform cases
- Provide Tier 1 support for various financial systems applications as needed; System administration is a portion of this role
- Help drive business partner satisfaction by providing regular updates on active work, proactively identifying ways to improve services, and developing action plans needed to address improvement areas
- 5-10 years of experience with Financial Systems required
- 5-10 years of Business Analysis experience preferred
- Familiarity with Oracle NetSuite, Concur Expense and or similar systems.
- Financial system/application certification(s) a plus
- Bachelor's degree in a related area or equivalent work experience
- Ability to critically evaluate complex information gathered from multiple sources, create detailed specs from high-level information, abstract up from low-level information, and distinguish user requests from the underlying business needs
- Experience in enterprise-wide ERP and Financial requirements definition, management systems, and methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a matrix organization
- Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Familiarity with application programming, database and system design